Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magician's Nephew - Get Out Of Bed (Mix and Mastered versions)
Having a listen to the new mix on my studio system. The toms sound better now, if a little neutered in the low end somewhat. I wonder if there might be a polarity issue at work there(?)...

I can hear a few things a little more clearly now, so I have a couple of other suggestions:

The kick is a little "clicky", especially in the sparser sections of the mix - maybe toning down its top end a tad during the sparser moments would help it sit a little better.

For my taste, the stereo rhythm guitars that come in around 45 secs sound a little "polite" and recessed in the mix. I'd prefer to hear those really bulldoze into the mix at that point. Granted, it might take a little automation or some other trickery to help them get out of the way of the vocal phrases, but I think the energy and attitude of the track might be served better if they were less slick and controlled-sounding.

I'm digging the fat low end of mix - it plays nicely with my sub without overpowering it.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases

Messages In This Thread
RE: Magician's Nephew - Get Out Of Bed (Mix and Mastered versions) - by FytaKyte - 04-11-2018, 01:20 AM