Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers: Rescue Me
Great work Gamma, that balance is coming along nicely. Have you added some width to the drums with this latest pass? I think they may sound better mono-ed up some what (audience perspective). Now with a wide stereo image, there is little grounding in the mix as far as placement. If that makes sense. The drums could provide this. Worth experimenting with anyway I reckon.
I don't really have a problem with the ride sound, but this then becomes a stylistic choice so run with it if think it can bring something to the table. A transient controller will make it fairly easy to dial the timbre you're after. While you are at it, It may be worth experimenting with the transient controller to tame the attack of the mandolin also which is a little brazen as it is. Soften it just to match in with the style of the song.
That been said, the mix translates very well on my monitors as it stands. So just have play and experiment. The best learning exercise going.Big Grin

Dave

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers: Rescue Me - by Dangerous - 08-06-2018, 10:08 AM