Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix
(20-02-2018, 06:55 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi CHEpachilo

Welcome to the site

To answer your Questions .. The DI tracks are reamped .. I used GTR, but didn't drive the Amp that much mostly just for color and a bit of grit .. If you listen to TBC's official release of this song'' you will see that its not an over the top drastic difference from the naked DI tracks. I used that mix as my reference. I don't use presets, being a guitar, bass player and drummer , I know the amps, cabs and mic setups pretty good and can usually match up and dial in the sound I'm looking for easily. Ill sometimes use amp sim on a mic'ed track if the recording wasn't that great or it seems like the song called for it.
Amp sims are a great tool used properly, but not to make everything sound like Dimebag or Kirk H, even though they are 2 great players

Ill look for your mix and have a listen!

Keep mixing and have fun!!

Cheers!!

KSmile

Oh, ok, so thats was planned.
Well in that case it needs to be a little cleaned up in 200 - 400Hz to sound a little bit less "round". Or maybe just rise distorted guitar up a bit, so that distorted part gives you some "bite" and definition, and clean part gives some "weight" and "fatness".

Anyway for this track something like Linkin Park is good reference, I think. So if you listen to that kinda music there are usually a very huge distorted guitars and it works very well. So that's I try to make it sound like really huge in my mix.
Check it out: right here

Messages In This Thread
The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix - by KMuzic - 05-01-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames - by takka360 - 05-01-2018, 01:03 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames - by KMuzic - 05-01-2018, 01:15 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames - by KMuzic - 10-01-2018, 09:06 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix - by KMuzic - 20-02-2018, 06:55 AM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix - by CHEpachilo - 20-02-2018, 07:47 AM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix - by Lethan - 23-02-2018, 01:29 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix - by KMuzic - 23-02-2018, 02:21 PM