Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix
(19-02-2018, 01:57 PM)CHEpachilo Wrote: Hi there!

Really good balance, man, but there is some questions.
Why do you use Guitar DI tracks without amp simulation? Well, if you are not into heavy guitar music I will explain. DI tracks is sound taken from guitar/bass before the amplifier. You want to have it in the set because sometimes you don't like the sound recorded from amp by mics. So if you have DI tracks in the set you can do a "reamping": take a DI track and send in to a your guitar amp or emulation and record that sound as your guitar track. For bass people sometimes use DI tracks "as is", but not for guitar.

Sry for my english...

Hi CHEpachilo

Welcome to the site

To answer your Questions .. The DI tracks are reamped .. I used GTR, but didn't drive the Amp that much mostly just for color and a bit of grit .. If you listen to TBC's official release of this song'' you will see that its not an over the top drastic difference from the naked DI tracks. I used that mix as my reference. I don't use presets, being a guitar, bass player and drummer , I know the amps, cabs and mic setups pretty good and can usually match up and dial in the sound I'm looking for easily. Ill sometimes use amp sim on a mic'ed track if the recording wasn't that great or it seems like the song called for it.
Amp sims are a great tool used properly, but not to make everything sound like Dimebag or Kirk H, even though they are 2 great players

Ill look for your mix and have a listen!

Keep mixing and have fun!!

Cheers!!

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Messages In This Thread
The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix - by KMuzic - 05-01-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames - by takka360 - 05-01-2018, 01:03 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames - by KMuzic - 05-01-2018, 01:15 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames - by KMuzic - 10-01-2018, 09:06 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix - by KMuzic - 20-02-2018, 06:55 AM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix - by Lethan - 23-02-2018, 01:29 PM
RE: The Black Crown - Flames- New Mix - by KMuzic - 23-02-2018, 02:21 PM