Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words - MikeMike Mix
Hey Mike,

I too mix on Headphones (HD681B) but with an adjusted EQ curve. I can also recommend TB_Isone, which can emulate a studio speaker setup quite nicely (their is a time-unlimited demo). This works for me as I start out with Isone on an disable before the final render to check with headphones.

Regarding your mix, it has very nice dynamics. EQ on the instruments is good. Only problem is the overall tone.

While listening I did the following EQ moves:
-2db Low-shelf at 250HZ: Reduce levels of kick, bass and guitar low-end
-3db Narrow cut at 400Hz and 800Hz: Room sounds mainly on drums and some guitar and vocal honkyness
-2db Narrow cut at 4KHz: Sibilance on the vocal
+3db gentle high-shelf at 6kHZ: Adding a nice sparkly open high-end, especially for the vocals and cymbals

Added a dynamic EQ with 3 wide bands to act as a multiband compressor to even out the frequencies. (Its called TDR Nova-> freee and awesome)
Added a deesser to tame sibilance a bit.

I have a attached a file with "corrected" and bypassed one after the other. Starts out with my chain bypassed.

Also some other things:
BGV are very strong in the 600-800Hz Region. (the 'ooooo' sound)
Snare.... um bottom snare mic? A snare isnt a tom xD Try to get the rattle and high-end of the sanre bottom mic and try to elimnate some room resonances.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    Mixing Test.mp3 --  (Download: 2.29 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Devil's Words - MikeMike Mix - by MikeMike - 14-02-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: Devil's Words - MikeMike Mix - by LukasL - 14-02-2018, 10:27 PM
RE: Devil's Words - MikeMike Mix - by MikeMike - 14-02-2018, 10:38 PM