Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Stop And Rise' kapu mix
(09-02-2018, 04:14 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: WOW THAT'S LOUD! [...]

Nah, 'you just listened it wrong.' Seriously speaking, for me the loud and compressed stuff is just what I think sounds appealing and impactful. Even when the comps audibly kick in or pump. And that's what pays the bills for me, so from my perspective I really can't argue against it. Other than 'educating' the clients about the benefits of dynamics etc, which in short for them basically sounds like me saying 'you are stupid and wrong and like bad sound, I know better so shut up and pay the bill.' I've tried that but me or bands never truly liked the results and to be honest it was just me trying to mask inadequate skill to make good sounding banging and pumpy stuff and hiding behind a degree and some fancy 'Katz jargon'. So I usually risk more severe overall compression because for me it's far more easy to dial it back a little than start 'adding' more smack which (for me) basically means having to start again from scratch and fit everything together in a different manner. But thanks for listening and feedback, point taken. ^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perpetual Escape: 'Stop And Rise' kapu mix - by kapu - 09-02-2018, 06:05 PM