Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words hoshi mix
Ohhh, that's an interesting remark. Hmm, indeed I never really thought about processing reverb that much, just due to lack of experience.

I do have a room reverb on each of the guitar tracks (left/right) seperately, LPF on the left at 6,4k, since it's a lot more harsh and LPF on the right around 11k. This is a stereo reverb because I wanted to provide some bleed of each side to the other respectively, in order to blend the sound of the guitars. During the intro I keep it pretty dry, having the wet signal set to about 8%, then during the verse move up to 15% and during the chorus even around 30% wet.

On the vocals I have two reverbs, one with room settings (LPF ~13,5k, 8,8% wet) and another one for a more ambient sound (LPF ~8,5k, 12,9% wet), which I normally would think is too much, but to me personally fit the style of the song this time.
Also, my attempt to give the vocals an additional wideness push during the chorus, I added a l/r panned delay, just -17,7 dB compared to the dry signal to make it not too audible.

So as you can see, frequency wise I pretty much left the reverbs as is, apart from the LPF. Maybe that could indeed be a problem, colliding with the actual dry signal?!
I think I should play around with that to sensibilize my ears to that kind of processing.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to analyze so carefully! Smile

Messages In This Thread
Actions - Devil's Words hoshi mix - by HVLTN - 29-01-2018, 10:46 PM
RE: Actions - Devil's Words hoshi mix - by kapu - 01-02-2018, 12:26 AM
RE: Actions - Devil's Words hoshi mix - by HVLTN - 02-02-2018, 04:53 PM
RE: Actions - Devil's Words hoshi mix - by KMuzic - 02-02-2018, 05:11 PM
RE: Actions - Devil's Words hoshi mix - by HVLTN - 02-02-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Actions - Devil's Words hoshi mix - by KMuzic - 02-02-2018, 07:17 PM
RE: Actions - Devil's Words hoshi mix - by HVLTN - 05-02-2018, 01:33 PM