Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thelvnguage: 'Kings And Queens' kapu mix
Yeah. The low mids are heavy going here. Makes it muddy and mud is fatigue. So pitching the vocal where you did, which I think was the way to go to get the clarity and definition, ended up separating it from the mud of the band. Just needed to bring the rest of the band along with it. Their use of compression and mic choice, makes that an uphill struggle. The low mids are rich, the mid and trebles are harsh. Clearing the mud reveals the harshness. And keeping all the timbres balanced with each other is yet another wiggle i.e. warm Rhodes (they rolled the treble off too much and the cut resonates, just to make things more challenging) verses the bright rhythm guitar.

The mumbling bass guitar is contributing to the fatigue. I partially reamped mine and gave it more attack, but the automation on the reamp track runs too hot on occasion. Have to fight their own automation, which is all good fun.

There's also some arrangement issues which an impartial engineer and producer would address with consideration, which clutters the song up on occasion IMHO. There's one place in particular that has me looking for the exit.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: thelvnguage: 'Kings And Queens' kapu mix - by Monk - 13-01-2018, 03:55 PM