Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Rescue Me - My best - Updated
(16-11-2017, 03:51 PM)Robert Wrote: There certainly were a lot of 'bleedin' problems to deal with - ...

Robert,
Great points made. Being a live engineer too, we understand bleed.

I was watching a seminar on YouTube by a 'famous' mixer who said he has his interns go in and do all his prep work like empty space and hi-pass filtering. Wouldn't that be nice? A lot of busywork even on small track counts.

Can we discuss your perspective from the drum overheads? Kind of an odd place to listen to a band from, wouldn't you say? I do get your point and there is a lot to be said for balance and panning when listening to overheads, but mostly for the drums, I would think. I't is not the primary perspective I would have chosen, but your results are excellent. Kudos on that.
I spent some time listening extensively to the vocal pan I am creating and how that matches with instrument placement and room modes. This is fun and eye opening and I am working on a new mix based on that perspective. One thing I did notice is a paucity of bass guitar in any bleed. That alters the sound field to where you need to place the bass into existing one or bring the other instruments closer to the DI'd, un-effected bass environment. The latter is implausible.

I am kind of taking the opposite approach to yours and bringing in the drums and instruments to fill the bleed in the vocal mics. I am concentrating on that view. It is fun and interesting that good results can be obtained from many perspectives which are exemplified so much in this track because of the bleed and that 'bleedin' nasty guitar part. He must play with ear plugs on because that's the only way his guitar could ever sound good. You would think this would be just crying out for an overdub, huh? I love the idea of an organ but if it bled like other parts bled, it might be even more of a nightmare scenario! The challenge is high on this one, eh?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Rescue Me - My best - Updated - by Mixinthecloud - 15-11-2017, 06:57 AM
RE: Rescue Me - by Robert - 16-11-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: Rescue Me - by Mixinthecloud - 16-11-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: Rescue Me - by Robert - 16-11-2017, 03:51 PM
RE: Rescue Me - by Mixinthecloud - 16-11-2017, 04:31 PM
RE: Rescue Me - by Cudjoe - 16-11-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: Rescue Me - My best - by sgwork - 20-11-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: Rescue Me - My best - Updated - by sagalegin - 27-11-2017, 06:18 PM
RE: Rescue Me - My best - Updated - by crownoise - 27-11-2017, 10:29 PM