Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy Helm and The Handsome strangers,Rescue me, update
Hey Cudjoe,

Listening to your mix, i really like the rhythm section - bass and drums sound well balanced together and drive the song nicely. Same with vox and guitar. They both sit nicely. Good call pulling guitar to center for solo - its where it belongs imo.

Things to consider, both to do with FX

1. the mandolin seems very dry - a bit more ambience here (room verb or short delay) could help push it back behind the vocalist without it seeming wet at all......it would still sound dry but sit better imo.
2. maybe some (more) fx sweetener on lead vox in chorus through automation - the vowels could do with sounding more elastic.....the big "rescue" and "running" sound a bit tight and need opening and stretching - very subjective language i know.

In my cans maybe its sounds like a smidge more de-ess could be handy but its not that noticeable in monitors so i guess a line-ball decision.

These are all quite small little things but they could help take your mix to that next level.

good job.

Cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amy Helm and The Handsome strangers,Rescue me - by HbGuitar - 13-11-2017, 12:06 AM