Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piano Concerto_mix Tommy Marcinek
(06-11-2017, 12:14 PM)sthauge Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 11:57 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: AngelAngelAngel
OK......MOZART! NOW WE'RE TALKIN'
Had fun with this. Gonna check out the other mixes. Peace!

Comments are always welcomed.
Tom

Hi Tom

Thank you for your comment. Great to have a discussion. Here's my view on you mix:

First, there are a lot of good qualities in your work. Balanced, seems that you got the panning right. I might have to redo mine a bit after listening to your mix.

Here is my opinion what to do even better:

There are what I call a "Stomach" in the low mids or high lows. Seems to come from the bass. It makes it a bit "muddy". Key freq here for a start will be 90 Hz, 160 Hz and my be 270 - 500 Hz If I'm right.

You have a very good spread/panning and with "space" between the instruments, I do miss some more "air" between them though. With this recording this is very hard to achieve due to all the bleeding between all the mikes. Key elements here will be gating spot mikes(to avoid bleeding - very hard to do due to the grand piano that are so loud) and phase treatments

The grand piano could have been a little more "open" and with a little bit more clarity.

Hope this have some value for you and feel free to give the same type of comments in return. We always have something to learn.

Steinar :-)

----------------
Steinar,

Thanks very much for your feedback.....some very good advice......will re-visit this to make improvements for sure. :-)

Later....and peace.....

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
Piano Concerto_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 05-11-2017, 11:57 PM
RE: Piano Concerto_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 06-11-2017, 02:52 PM