Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for feedback
Generally sensible general balancing decisions here, and the important bits all come through as clearly as they should. Mix tonality is pretty well-judged and clear too, with some lovely weight on the kick and lots of air around the sounds in general. All good stuff, that! That said, I reckon you might be able to get more warmth and 'tail' out of this sound with some parallel compression processing, either on individual instruments, or as a global send.

The main area I'd criticise is the post-balancing stuff -- the sweetening stage. In the first instance, there's something about the ambience processing you're using that I don't like very much -- it just sounds rather boxy, as if it's been recorded in a small bedroom. I'd go back to the drawing board on that and try to find a reverb processor that will give you something more natural-sounding with which to blend this ensemble. (There are lots of freeware suggestions here.) I think you might also want to think a bit more about trying to blend things like the snare mic into the mix. At the moment it's very upfront, more so than the vocal, which feels a bit odd to me. It's partly that the snare's maybe a bit too loud in general, but it's also a reflections/ambience thing I reckon.

Hope some of that's useful!

Messages In This Thread
Looking for feedback - by VicsMix - 06-08-2012, 05:51 AM
RE: Looking for feedback - by Mike Senior - 23-08-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Looking for feedback - by VicsMix - 24-08-2012, 12:13 AM
RE: Looking for feedback - by Obelix - 12-02-2015, 08:43 PM