Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louis Cressy Band_Good Time_mix Tommy Marcinek
(28-08-2017, 07:40 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Tom,
This is a blast from the past , Inspired me to have another go at this great song.
Besides the kick beater being too loud lol ,Really good mix maybe a little multiband compression or dynamic eq to tame the transients on the electric guitar between 400-500 hz as sounds a touch full in that area !

Nice One Big Grin

--------------
Yo Don!!!!!! Thanks for your comment and because of it, I went back into this mix yet again.....heee heeee. It's addictive this song, dammit! Big Grin

Anyway, besides taking your advice, which definitely helped those guitars, I just wound up spending another couple of hours on this, nipping and tucking, automating, manually tweaking, and just going crazy....can't stop. There are so many examples, but just one is: The drums were obviously played/created via midi keyboard or device and so there was this snare in one spot that was playing a flam and there was a crash right at the same moment. The problem is, drummers have only two hands, so a real drummer couldn't do this cause you need two hands to do a flam. So, it really stuck out (well to me anyway cause I do play a little drums, plus I've always loved drums and have carefully watched drummers play and also picked their brains all my life and baggering them with all kinds of questions about their playing, etc......lol). Therefore, I had to do something about it. I could have robbed a hat pedal (because drummers do have two feet they can use, and that would have worked), or leave the crash and rob a clean snare hit....so I did the latter. Now I'm happy....clean snare hit with a crash! Cool

So, I will be uploading the latest mix in a few, then I have to check out your mix/mixes Don....see ya on your post.

Cheers,

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Louis Cressy Band_Good Time_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 28-08-2017, 08:02 PM