Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit You (Please give feedback Thank you)
(24-07-2017, 09:05 AM)Royal Brandy Wrote: Sorry for the confusion. What I meant is, although the dynamic range (DR) is still low, it's not at all unusual in this kind of music.

For reference, check this website http://dr.loudness-war.info/ (dynamic range database)

Thanks for the detailed response. I will check out this website for sure. I hear ya on how music is subjective and mixes are different within there genres even. I typically don't reference tracks when mixing new music even if I have a copy of the track I'm mixing, because I want my perspective. That being said if I'm specifically told by the artist they want the track to sound like X then I'll reference the track. I want to have my own sound when I mix but I also want my mix to sound amazing also. I think there is nothing I mixed in the past four years of my experience that is amazing.
So I keep at it and keep aiming for that amazing mix and with every mix I get a little closer.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suit You (Please give feedback Thank you) - by wesleyamltd - 24-07-2017, 12:18 PM