Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit You (Please give feedback Thank you)
(06-07-2017, 01:49 AM)dcp10200 Wrote: ... In one way you've gained tightness and attack but you've lost the overall weight of the band making it fatiguing to listen to.

... try scooping out some 800-3000 Hz from the kick and guitars and boost 6-10 kHz... vocals have a honkey sound around 900 Hz that needs to be fixed... the kick... seems to have no low mid content at all... it leaves only click and thump, a scoop at 400-500 Hz shoud be enough...

I think Doug makes some valid technical points. But before that, I'd say the main issue is that the whole mix has been over compressed/limited on the master buss. That, more than anything, is contributing to the fatigue. There is hardly any dynamic range, and little variation in levels between verse and chorus. Worse, the mix is constantly peaking in the red.

Wesleyamltd, I think you should go back and remaster this mix with a gentler hand on the compression and limiting. Then it would shine. Even one of the original artists seems to like what you've done!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suit You (Please give feedback Thank you) - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 02:53 PM