Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework
(17-07-2017, 11:22 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Doug ,Love the programmed Drums they really bring the song to life.
The vocals maybe a touch full in the mid bass area !
I think just a matter of some radical eq with the instruments and vocals to bring them into the same sonic space and clarity of the of the awesome drums .
Some things that come to mind while having a listen is some minor eq tweeks like taming around 2.5 and 5 k on the cymbals and kick and boost the electric guitars in that area ect .

Well Done !

Thanks Don, I'll be honest and say the first mix I made is pretty bad, the balance is pretty poor and it has way too much reverb on it (especially noticeable on the guitars). It was mostly made as an experiment but I really should have checked it before I uploaded it Big Grin. This mix made from the ground up and this time I tried to get things and even as possible (the raw vocals are actually worse than I remembered them being, seems like it was a cheap condenser mic recorded with not enough gain on the preamp and the performance was comped from alot of inconsistent takes), this should be closer to a semi competent mix haha!

Cheers,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by dcp10200 - 16-07-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by dcp10200 - 16-07-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by thedon - 17-07-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by dcp10200 - 17-07-2017, 08:27 PM
RE: Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by azwayne - 18-07-2017, 04:21 AM