Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework
(16-07-2017, 08:52 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote:
(16-07-2017, 07:34 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Lately I've been trying my hand at drum programming and working inside of EZDrummer for fun, this track for me always was a challenge due to the drums that come with the multis, they don't have the impact needed for Pop Punk and kind of dull.

Cheers,
Doug

I like the programmed drums better than the original only because its a cleaner performance. That said, they should sit in the mix better. This mix is all vocals and drums, yeah I hear the rest of the elements of the song but they seem more like afterthoughts.
The kick is a metal sound and I think its out of place in this genre.
I like the effort overall.

Thanks for the comments, I literally just finished mixing this and after listening in the car I came to basically the same conclusions, the kick I disagree with you on however considering most pop punk these days offen crosses over with metalcore and some hardcore (bands like A Day to Remember, Chunk! No Captain Chunk, Four Year Strong, Knuckle Puck, ect) and in general they have a modern sounding, more clicky sound to the drums.

I'm going to work this later on but this was mostly an experiment anyway, I really spent most of my time programming and not much as normal on mixing so "mistakes were made".

Cheers,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by dcp10200 - 16-07-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by dcp10200 - 16-07-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by thedon - 17-07-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by dcp10200 - 17-07-2017, 08:27 PM
RE: Four Graham Mix and Drum Rework - by azwayne - 18-07-2017, 04:21 AM