Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HammerDown Mixbus mix
Overall very nice Job!, Just a few things that come to my attention. The breath at the beginning of VS1 needs to be toned down. The whisper track in the verse is too loud. If you listen to the reference track it's barley there. Killer Snare sound!, but a little high when balanced against the kick. The kick is probably one of the hardest things to get right in this song in my opinion. That being said I would bring it up a bit in the mix and use automation to try to bring out the dynamics of it. The overheads need some love with some automation to bring out the small details and and to add more punch in the breaks

The lead fills n the verses are a bit low. The picked sustain at the end of the solo needs some of the clickyness toned down.

The BG vocals are to loud. If you listen to reference track they are barely audible and that's the way the band wants it. I personally love that vocal fill at the end of the last Chorus and would of kept that if I was the band, but I'm not hahaha

There are some cool little bass things that go on that I would use some automation to bring out some of the details.

You should also remove the silence from the beginning of the track and bounce from the start of the song.

That DAW sounds interesting, I have heard of their consoles before, but I didn't know that made a DAW.

Messages In This Thread
HammerDown Mixbus mix - by Pro-doucher - 03-06-2017, 05:32 AM
RE: HammerDown Mixbus mix - by molonlabe23 - 03-06-2017, 10:45 PM
RE: HammerDown Mixbus mix - by Pro-doucher - 04-06-2017, 10:57 AM
RE: HammerDown Mixbus mix - by Blitzzz - 04-06-2017, 12:05 PM