Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piece of Me EB Mix
(01-06-2017, 07:02 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: That's a cool mix.

The problems: The drums sound too "roomy/boxy" for me, especially the toms and the kick. compared with the rest of the mix they really fall short and are a distraction for the listeners ears. again, the problem here is probably the room sound and you need to make some serious cuts to get rid of this boxy, ploppy tone. The snare, on the other hand, sounds really cool.

there are weird bass dropouts at the start of the bridge at 2:34, like the bass suddenly lost all the low bass information.

Cymbals are way to loud at the end of the bridge, you need to tame the china. the bell of the ride at 0:40 needs to be lowered, too - the ride should be audible here, but it shouldn't be so loud that it takes away the attention from the vocals. on the other hand, the crash at 2:00 could need some love - that little fella should be a tad louder because right now it doesnt really work as the pulse of this part. but don't make it too loud, it shouldn't sound distracting either Smile

I would love to hear the mix without mastering.

I also like that you actually "mixed" this song, even if not every track itself sounds perfect / fits perfectly into the mix. Fix the crappy kick and toms and it's a cool mix.

Thanks for the feedback, it's what makes us better at this craft. I'm not hearing all the things you are mainly because my audio interface went down and I had to mix this through my POD X3 Live with crappy headphones So I'm not getting all the detail that I should from my mains.

I will make some of the changes you suggest and post it without mastering per your request and also give you a Drum and bass mix.

Messages In This Thread
Piece of Me EB Mix - by molonlabe23 - 01-06-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Piece of Me EB Mix - by Blitzzz - 01-06-2017, 07:02 PM
RE: Piece of Me EB Mix - by molonlabe23 - 02-06-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: Piece of Me EB Mix - by Blitzzz - 01-06-2017, 07:04 PM
RE: Piece of Me EB Mix - by molonlabe23 - 06-06-2017, 08:49 PM