Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mandubien's mix
First check in my office on Presonus HD7s: Wow, it's a great mix. There's nothing that sticks out in a bad way, the kick is completely under control in the doublebass parts, the guitars sound great, the vocals have enough space but are not too loud. every choice you made was spot on - the volume of the whispers, melody guitars that have just the right volume, synths that sit in the perfect spot, the back and forth thing in the second chorus (at 2:10) where the main vocal "talks" with the raspy vocal, and the little guitar melody/solo that gets louder at the end of the chorus to lead the listener over into the bridge - awesome!

I love that the mix also comes down in the bridge at 2:44 like it should be, creating an atmosphere of intimacy. The snare isn't hitting like a truck in that part like in so many others mixes I have heard so far. The separation in the bridge is also really great and I had massive goosebumps TWICE before the climax at 3:12. The weird & wobbly synth at the end of the bridge at 3:40 sits perfectly in the mix.

Did you leave out the vocals on the last chorus at 4:10 on purpose? Sounds really, really cool! I was expecting them first and was a bit irritated that they weren't there, but after listening to that part 2-3 times I was like "Okay, cool idea!".

This is an awesome mix from start to end, Florian. It's very obvious how much you have improved your skills over the last couple of months. I didn't expect this quality when you asked me to listen to your mix but now I´m kinda baffled.

Cheers, and have a great weekend Smile
Dirk

Messages In This Thread
Mandubien's mix - by Mandubien - 18-03-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: Mandubien's mix - by Mandubien - 19-03-2017, 06:52 PM
RE: Mandubien's mix - by Mandubien - 29-03-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: Mandubien's mix - by Blitzzz - 07-04-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: Mandubien's mix - by Mandubien - 07-04-2017, 11:36 AM
RE: Mandubien's mix - by Blitzzz - 07-04-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: Mandubien's mix - by Phantom Studios - 19-04-2017, 07:08 AM