Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos Who in Hell Mixed by Doug
(31-03-2017, 10:25 AM)wesleyamltd Wrote: the mean time feel free to leave your comments and suggestions.

Cheers,
Doug

I think its a great start dude.

Critiques to follow....

Your Bass guitar is there but not very defined except for the bridge. Maybe make separate tracks for bass guitar part. (1 DIST BGTR and 2 CLNBGTR)
There's a lack of a low end and it shows in your bass drops. If your crushing your listening environment then turn it down because the bass drop is weak. Also the bass drop is too short. Listen to A-list bands and their bass drops. A bass drop should envelope the sonic area somewhat. The bass drop occurs for at least a 1/4 note in the section this song.
In the vocal parts or the song 0:49 I would automate that reverb effect with HPF/LPF so the reverb doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. (and any other area that reverb is apparent)
The Drums sound great, shell wise. The overheads are a bit crispy and need to be tamed.

Overall, nothing in your mix is truly terrible or unfix able. This is a fantastic first effort with this mix. I would beat yourself up over tuning the vocals in this song, because it will require a lot of time and there are better things to do, like mix different songs.

Best.
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestions, I put the sub drops in more as place holders at first (were there sub drops included in the download? They didn't show up for me) but I refined them in my new version and gave them some low end. I ended up using the split bass that you were talking about and made the bass more fat sounding during the clean section so it didn't stick out so much. The kick seemed to be alot of the reason that my mix lacked low end, so I fooled around with it to make it sit more with the bass.

Cheers,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Whos Who in Hell Mixed by Doug - by dcp10200 - 31-03-2017, 02:40 AM
RE: Whos Who in Hell Mixed by Doug - by dcp10200 - 31-03-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: Whos Who in Hell Mixed by Doug - by dcp10200 - 31-03-2017, 08:38 PM