Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Decypher: 'Unseen' (v1+v2)
Hi Loupi,

I can appreciate the kind of sound you're trying to go for, kinda reminds me of some first wave Black Metal stuff but with punchier drums, for me though I'm missing the high end in the cymbals and vocals. Also the lo mids in your mix really seem to take away from the power of the rest of the mix, making it cloudy sounding, especially on the double kick runs. I'd try scooping out some o the 200-400 Hz range on the kick and some of the low mids on the guitars just to clean it up a bit. If you haven't already, try highpassing the overheads at 400 Hz, it helps with phasing on the close mics and just cleans up the low end of the drums, something I learned from Glenn that helps with live drums in metal.

Cheers, and hope this helps
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Decypher: 'Unseen' (v1+v2) - by loupi - 02-03-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: Decypher: 'Unseen' (v1+v2) - by dcp10200 - 09-03-2017, 04:34 PM
RE: Decypher: 'Unseen' (v1+v2) - by loupi - 09-03-2017, 08:15 PM