Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay'
(09-02-2017, 08:18 PM)Bereket Wrote: I know what you mean now I can hear that. But to be honest with you I still prefer the SSL. Let me explain why, It looks like it glues the overall mix much better than the EMI. It is like controlling even the peaks if you know what I mean. Which means you will have a much more room to make your mix even louder. where as on the EMI the possibility of overloading the 2 bus is very fast. The SSL will let you push it harder since it is controlling the peaks also. Thanks for taking time to bring those examples. Very sorry for hijacking your thread thedon.

I guess, The EMI can be driven way harder and glue the mix in the way that the SSL does. Mixing isn't about making things loud or pushing the living crap out of them, the SSL only has one "advantage" in that you can push loudness at the cost of making your mix harsh sounding and fatiguing, on a track like this you need the top end to sound like silk, not sand on glass, if you want to push it loud use the EMI or Neve with the drive on 10 and a tape emulation, more glue than the SSL could ever dream of having without harshness added. Sorry for also hijacking the the thread Don.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by thedon - 27-01-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by Roy - 27-01-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by kapu - 29-01-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by Roy - 30-01-2017, 07:00 PM
RE: Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by Txory - 31-01-2017, 04:46 AM
RE: Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by dcp10200 - 09-02-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by loupi - 12-02-2017, 02:35 PM