Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Well Tweaked To Death Version
(03-02-2017, 11:31 PM)dcp10200 Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 10:59 PM)andrew0v Wrote: well considering the actual song has the actual drum track on it im not sure what you mean the band wouldn't be happy

In my experience, most bands want a commercial quality mix, something that you could play next to another mix in the genre in the real world, it stands on it's own two feet. Most bands do record live drums, that is obvious, but due to mixing budgets, poor quality recordings, or not haing the sound that they are looking for, those drums are sample replaced or reinforced to give them more punch and clarity in a mix. These drums here were clearly recorded with the intention of being either completely replaced by samples (with Slate Trigger or a similar program) or blended with samples.

This in no way sounds like a commercial mix, the drums don't have the power in them, guitars, despite being gated don't hae the attack or low end punh for a modern metal/Djent mix and overall sounds like a demo. If you were being payed for this mix, a client or band would expect the best quality mix available, this isn't it, the client now is angry with you and expects better, if that means using EZdrummer samples with a triggering program and Bias for the guitars, so be it.

I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh, this mix needs some serious work and overhauling to make it better.

Well know that you've kind of called me out i've posted a reamped version just with the di guitars and bass

Messages In This Thread
The Well Tweaked To Death Version - by andrew0v - 31-01-2017, 08:33 PM
RE: The Well Tweaked To Death Version - by andrew0v - 04-02-2017, 09:04 AM
RE: The Well Tweaked To Death Version - by kapu - 06-02-2017, 02:40 PM