Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Roots Of Mankind' kapu mix
(05-12-2016, 05:27 PM)Olli H Wrote: Sounds absolutely great ...

Thanks. I wish there were one simple answer, but for me the main part is to use 1176-style compression driven to clipping distortion on almost everything. Or the same idea but with LA2A-style compression. For individual drums, on 1176-style plugin interface, attack slowest, release fastest, ratio 4 or 8, and then crank up input drive so that it really makes the track snap or bang, and then drive the signal against clipping distortion to a point where it clearly becomes distorted, and the back off a few dBs to get it clean again. Then insert eq in front of this chain, try to clean the sound by cutting away unwanted stuff and readjust the comp and distortion. Repeat this process endlessly everywhere. 1176-style compression for percussive stuff, and LA2A everything else. Every EQ will do, and every soft/hard/clipping distortion will do.

But I have to warn you, this isn't a way to become a great sound engineer, it's a way to become a hired sound engineer. ^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perpetual Escape: 'Roots Of Mankind' kapu mix - by kapu - 05-12-2016, 07:31 PM