Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug
(03-12-2016, 10:41 AM)Olli H Wrote: Overall sound very good to my ears.
Kick is maybe a bit too loud, at least in the lowest area.
First I liked those vox delays, but after some time it started to disturp the groove
Horns are quite dry to be an instrument that one normally listens from safety distance.

Thanks Olli! I agree with you on the vox delays, when I set them up I didn't adjust the feedback it gets a little cheesy sounding (especially in the verses when the bass and guitars cut out). For Funk generally I try to go for a fairly dry sounding horn section, I find that most horn sections in Funk are actually much drier sounding that we realize (more so the stuff from the 70's like Tower of Power,Sly and the Family Stone, and Parliament/Funkadelic), stil I did mix em pretty forward in the mix and adding a small room or studio verb would soften them up a bit more and help em fit in the mix. Kick wise I did use RBass to bring out the thump of the kick more, in the end I think it did sound a touch over processed and is probably why it seems too forward Wink. This time I removed most of my processing on the kick and only used the kick in and out mics. This gives a more open sound and lets me make the bass a bit fatter sounding overall

Cheers,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by dcp10200 - 03-12-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Cudjoe - 03-12-2016, 04:58 AM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Olli H - 03-12-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by dcp10200 - 04-12-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Roy - 03-12-2016, 02:52 PM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Roy - 04-12-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Roy - 04-12-2016, 04:40 PM