Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admiral Crumple 'Keeps Flowing' [MixdByD]
I really like what you did with the sample. The groove is nice. It is a little loud on the hook but you brought the piano out a lot. I feel like I should have known better to try layering and filtering the sample a bit. Turning a sample into a bass track is something i'm a little familiar with but I don't work with sample loops much anymore so i didn't think about it too much and disregarded the whole idea. I'm going to try out a variation of your technique if you don't mind.

The vocals sound really cool. Maybe I should utilize the compressor a bit more to get a more distinct sound. I only used it to flatten it up. I really need to work on effects because that's what I feel my version is lacking the most. After comparing mine with yours and some others I noticed how incomplete it sounds. When the "all i see is light" part came I was really enjoying it. It makes it fun to listen too. I want to learn how to do some stuff like on this version I found last night https://soundcloud.com/tearecords/admira...-by-4aynyy

Your mix overall is nice. I'm not a huge fan of dirty kicks though. I feel like there a handful. Your perspective on this is interesting and sounds really underground as it should and is impressive for mixing with earbuds. Yours taught me that my mix has too much dead space and I really need to address that problem now so my work doesn't sound like there's something missing all the time.

Definitely helps a lot with my strategy and perspective on how I should be mixing in whole. I really have to pay big attention to effects if I want to stand out from engineers. I also have to work on giving the vocals some character and filling up some space. I have trouble deciding what to do in mono so I usually check on it then go back to stereo and don't take the risk with leaving anything mono besides 808s. I'll see what I can do with this and try to use some side chaining and gate to get the learning out of the way. Thanks again I'll post my results!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Admiral Crumple 'Keeps Flowing' [MixdByD] - by MixdByD - 29-11-2016, 10:56 PM