Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd Rather Be Drinkin' (jtbStudio)
(17-11-2016, 08:28 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Adding to RoyMatthews comments, I'm wondering if it's a reverb choice somewhere. It seems to be affecting the whole mix in a small way. The keys and guitar solo highlights this for me.
Quite possibly Smile I tend to put a lot of processing on vocals, and with all reverbs and delays and widening and what-not, they're bound to conflict sometimes Undecided

I've been reluctant to rework the vocal since I also do a lot of automation on it, which would have to be redone, but I think the rest of the track has come out rather well, so it'd be a shame to spoil it with problems on the vocal track (especially given it was such a good performance). Just a bit busy right now... Sad

There's no reverb or anything like that on the master, just a bit of stereo widening, but there's a lot of processing on the solo tracks, which probably have the same kind of problem the vocal track has Undecided

(17-11-2016, 08:28 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Also sounds like the maybe a little too much ~100-200hz in the mix. Just sounding a bit full in this area.
Also entirely possible. All my gear's overseas, so I'm mixing on earbuds Rolleyes and I may have overcompensated a bit too much. There's a tiny scoop in that area on the master right now, so it just needs a touch more.
Mixing and mastering at jtbStudio.com
My music at JazzTeddyBears.com

Messages In This Thread
I'd Rather Be Drinkin' (jtbStudio) - by jtbStudio - 16-11-2016, 09:33 AM
RE: I'd Rather be Drinkin' (jtbStudio) - by Roy - 16-11-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: I'd Rather be Drinkin' (jtbStudio) - by jtbStudio - 17-11-2016, 10:01 AM
RE: I'd Rather Be Drinkin' (jtbStudio) - by Roy - 17-11-2016, 02:37 PM