Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for Rain
Greetings,

Well I broke down and finally installed the aurelex products that they recomended for my studio, I think sweetwater will still do this service for free. Made a huge improvement in what I now hear.

I also had a awakening. I was balancing the sound for a 500 seat theatre the other day. I always use Bob Katz pink noise for this. Anyhow I thought why not check my studio eq and levels the same way.

Found a couple of things. First when the HVAC kicked in there is a huge bump at 150-350HZ range. So now I mix with it turned off. Huge difference.

The Eq was still off a tad here and there so I used GEQ Marvel-Linear Phase EQ, big believer in free VST in fact I only have one that I actually paid for. Took a little cyphering to get two mixes to my board, one for my near fields with the eq and one without for my headphone mix. I know there are things available to do this but remember I am cheap.

Anyhow doing this made me trash my previous mix and pretty much start again.

If anyone would like to take the time to listen to my previous mix and this one and let me have your comments it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

.mp3    PrayForRain_Master4_K12.mp3 --  (Download: 13.38 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Pray for Rain - by sonicenergystudio - 28-09-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: Pray for Rain_Neutrino - by sonicenergystudio - 07-10-2016, 08:37 PM
RE: Pray for Rain - by sonicenergystudio - 14-10-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: Pray for Rain - by jeffd42 - 15-10-2016, 05:27 PM
RE: Pray for Rain - by Konek - 14-10-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: Pray for Rain - by ThomasStevenson - 07-02-2017, 01:12 AM