Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations - Hard time mixing this one.
Listening with headphones, it sounds pretty good comatosed. Maybe a little mid range heavy for my taste, but I'm guessing this may have been part of your solution to the tape noise. I don't remember the noise level being too much of a concern when I mixed this one. I guess the rumble is easily sorted with high pass filters. As for the tape hiss, I found this quite manageable as long as I didn't go emphasising any of the high freqs within the tracks, which from memory I didn't really need to. It sounds like you may have compressed things a bit harder than I would with a track like this and in doing so this will raise the noise floor considerably also. The compression decisions is purely subjective though. As for the bleed, I think the best way is to use it to your advantage rather than to fight it. If the recordings are great, then working with the live bleed can yield wonderful results if processed confidently. It's also a great learning experience at the same time.

All things considered and the fact that you mixed it with cans, you have done a great job.

Dave

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revelations - Hard time mixing this one. - by Dangerous - 20-09-2016, 01:19 PM