Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Doppler Shift - 'Atrophy' - EL mix v1
Thank you VERY MUCH!
I had a fun time doing this! Like I said I am merely a pervertedly curious amateur. I've mixed many of the tracks on this site but I didn't feel confident enough to post. Truth is I always think it's good then I go and listen to some talented mixers and I realize that below average would be where my skill level is. So I just read, listen and try again. I do record for a living BUT none of my "roughs" ever made it to a record.
The biggest inspirational comment I have ever heard about my mixing skills, "...You might be a good recording engineer BUT you may never be a good mixer." - A Famously Talented Producer
So I thought to myself "WHY NOT?" I mean... I record what you hear AND passively put up with the artists and producers. -That was 5 years ago. I must be a slow learner.
If I could ever help please feel free to drop me a line.

(31-05-2013, 01:51 AM)electricladyLAN Wrote: Hi David. 'Atrophy' is your first mix posted on the forum, and it's pretty darn good I'd say, I'd rate it above mine any day. Maybe you have overdone the distortion on the bass gtr, it just sticks out a little too much I reckon.

The main suggestion I have at this stage is just to make a new thread in the forum. You'll get a lot more views and comments that way!!

Great work though, I look forward to giving it a better listen later, but so far it appears technically quite good as well as having some creative additions.
Hamish

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Doppler Shift - 'Atrophy' - EL mix v1 - by davidpaulpaige - 31-05-2013, 02:25 AM