Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise - I'd Rather Be Drinkin'
Cool that these guys recorded another song. I was originally going for a live small club sound but it sort of morphed into a big arena Smile I made a few timing adjustment, but could have done more. The solo guitar sound wasn't what I was originally aiming for, but it sort of reminds me of Led Zeppelin's Travelling Riverside Blues, so I kept it. I also put some flanging on the rhythm guitar in a few places for effect.

I'm happy with the bottom end, but went in circles with the upper mids until I decided to stop because I was just splitting hairs. It's a live sound after all. I definitely need to work on my mastering skills. I can never seems to get my stuff as loud as others seem to. Then again, I'm just using the stock Reaper ReaComp and ReaXComp for my "mastering".

UPDATE:

Guess the answer to the upper mids is there isn't enough. That's what happens when you don't take breaks Smile I'll be back with an update after giving my ears a rest.

.mp3    Street Noise - I\'d Rather Be Drinkin\'.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

.mp3    Street Noise - I\'d Rather Be Drinkin\' - Final.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Street Noise - I'd Rather Be Drinkin' - by parnellij - 31-07-2016, 03:20 AM