Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Live Sound Engineer's Perspective...
(17-06-2016, 01:33 PM)fohman Wrote: Dave, that's a great observation! Thanks for your opinion. If I went on to spend more than an hour with this mix, I'd definitely devote some time to that. As it is, I've built a few simple IR verbs through the years that I use at almost every live show, because I know they can get me about 90% there without thinking about it. That was my technique here, and probably what you are noticing is the fact that I snuck in a little "room" sound to the horns along with the IR verb, but the vocal had no such room sound and only the verb?

Also, I high passed the vocal a bit more than most of the other mixes in this thread... I felt that the lower register was oddly resonant and didn't fit well with the rest of the mix, almost making it artificially present. What do you think about that?

I think your vocal tone is pretty good and suits the style of the song. Just wondering if drying up the verb on the vocal would help bring the singer front and center of the whole performance. This is purely subjective though.Smile

Messages In This Thread
Live Sound Engineer's Perspective... - by fohman - 17-06-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: Live Sound Engineer's Perspective... - by Dangerous - 18-06-2016, 05:55 AM