Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix! Criticize it!
(16-02-2016, 12:17 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi Busoni,

The bass does sound over processed. Try a fast attack slow release (200-300ms) compressor setting and listen for the right amount of knock down without over doing it.

Did this, it worked.
(16-02-2016, 12:17 PM)Dangerous Wrote: I am hearing some low mid build up throughout the mix which is also affecting the vocals which could be cleaned up with high pass filters and eq on individual tracks.

My Reverb Plugin (Guitar Rig) introduces a Dry signal into the output by default, and I forgot to disable it. This was pretty obvious, don't know why I forgot to check this, haha!
I also was also able to cut out the bass from the piano track through a brickwall HPF.

(16-02-2016, 12:17 PM)Dangerous Wrote: The drum overheads are a little bright around 7.5k which again either eq or fader adjustment will fix.

I adjusted the EQ and made a Prefader Send to my Reverb, Then I pulled down the Trackfader. I think it worked well.

(16-02-2016, 12:17 PM)Dangerous Wrote: I think the main thing your missing is some reverb to gel it all together, especially the vocals. I have attached a version of your mix with some reverb added (hope you don't mind) ...

No, of course not! I want to use as little Reverb as needed for this Track, but you convinced me to put more on it. It's the same convolution reverb on both vocals and the instrumental. It gives the whole thing a more three dimensional feeling. Still have to figure out which settings I like. Smile I also added a multiband compressor on the instrumental to further glue it together.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! As you can hear they helped immensely.

.mp3    Master 1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.31 MB)

Messages In This Thread
My mix! Criticize it! - by Busoni - 15-02-2016, 11:02 PM
RE: My mix! Criticize it! - by Dangerous - 16-02-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: My mix! Criticize it! - by Busoni - 16-02-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: My mix! Criticize it! - by Dangerous - 17-02-2016, 07:31 AM