Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix! Criticize it!
Hi Busoni,

There's a few things I'm hearing here. The bass does sound over processed. Try a fast attack slow release (200-300ms) compressor setting and listen for the right amount of knock down without over doing it. I am hearing some low mid build up throughout the mix which is also affecting the vocals which could be cleaned up with high pass filters and eq on individual tracks. The drum overheads are a little bright around 7.5k which again either eq or fader adjustment will fix. With these criticisms aside the mix is not all bad. I think the main thing your missing is some reverb to gel it all together, especially the vocals. I have attached a version of your mix with some reverb added (hope you don't mind) Basically I have added 2 Aux tracks to your mix, one with a large room reverb and one with a short ambience reverb with a high pass filter 600hz and a low pass filter 6000hz and have blended them back into your mix. I also cut the bass and the top end back a little(just a headphone adjustment). I think you will agree the reverb has helped with the vocals.

Good luck and keep working at it.
Dave

.mp3    Sleigh reverb 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.74 MB)

Messages In This Thread
My mix! Criticize it! - by Busoni - 15-02-2016, 11:02 PM
RE: My mix! Criticize it! - by Dangerous - 16-02-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: My mix! Criticize it! - by Busoni - 16-02-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: My mix! Criticize it! - by Dangerous - 17-02-2016, 07:31 AM