Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Radio - You And Me And The Radio (M&F)
(06-02-2016, 07:46 AM)thedon Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:00 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 06:49 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi
I also am trying out the Nx with hd600's ,as a secondary as my room is not perfect ,the free JB Isone is also a great plugin i have been using to simulate crosstalk on headphones.
But i still prefer mixing on monitors in a well treated room.
just a matter of getting the mix to translate on different monitoring situations and finding a suitable reference to compare to !
Your mix sounds great and translates really well on laptop small monitors,But when listening on Ns 10's the drums sound a little top heavy especially the kick beater.
The Tambourine just needs some reverb to soften it up into the background a touch.
Just some thoughts while having a listen .
Cheers Big Grin

All makes sense.. I've been rotating my recalls and will hit those points on the next time I'm in this session..

Man I couldnt find NS10s and had to opt for the HS7 (with the deceptive white cone lol) and don't think I want to run an amp for the 10s where the HS have the power in them.. But NS10 is the holy grail of monitoring... I remember back when I was moving away from audio, Yamaha announced they was going to stop making replacement parts and I'm suprised to see the 10s still strong in use 15 years later.

If a mix makes it there (10s) it will make it anywhere..

NX is downright amazing IMO.. I've spent a lot of time in rooms and sure while nothing beat a real room, for the right experience the NX can help a mixer make similar decisions as if in a room... The balance it provides.. And every time I bypass NX, I'm happy with the foundation and can work from there. Sonarworks is really good also for the Senn HD cans.. All this stuff is amazing to me.. I never thought I'd see the day when pro Audi tech would be this advanced..
Technology is amazing.
I love the hs7s a great sounding monitor with a nice flat sound.
The Ns10's have a sound of their own which takes a lot of getting used to ,you are right about the amp ,I'm running them through a 150 watt RMS mosfet audiophile amp I hand built myself about 30 years ago which sounds amazing ,but i have to be careful not to crank the volume to loud and cook them as they are only rated at 60 watts ,120 max .
I am thinking of getting hd800's and amp ,How Would you rate them compared to would hd 650's for mixing ?
Cheers .

I would only recommend the HD800 for playback only.. The highs are so detailed they tend to "ring" but they are like Genelecs for the ears.. Very detailed, you'll hear everything you won't hear on other monitoring.. Due to the 800's high amp handling you won't need to listen to material too loud or even at medium volume, at a low volume you'll hear a brutally honest reference of what's really happening in the song mix. HD800 and another HD pair are essential because the HD800 will make you think you've done the perfect job and when you listen back in other areas, you'll realize you need something a little more "real world" for the mix decisions.. Using the HD650 is great as they give that real world reference a bit better..

I recommend first listening to reference material and some HDTracks material through the 800s to understand their characteristics and then use them for mix monitoring.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Human Radio - You And Me And The Radio (M&F) - by Digitaldruglord - 06-02-2016, 02:06 PM