Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Fool (that's me)
(31-01-2016, 12:38 AM)ptalbot Wrote: The FZ reference is just what I had in mind (although I'm obviously a lot less smart and talented too!) and is reflected in the lyrics, but I think your mix sounds good. I just thought the lead guitar was a bit too buried in reverb, and it's muddying up that part (takes too much frequencies away from everything else), when it stops, the sound clears up a lot and the mix sounds good. Good job!

Patrick,
Thanks for your reply and input. I think I am having a problem in definitions here. When you refer to the lead guitar are you speaking of the guitar solo track or the electrics which establish the body of the song along with the piano? I think you had mentioned environmentals on the 'lead guitar' in another post so I know of your personal aversion to burying things too much in reverb. I did not ascribe to that in this mix. As for the solo guitar, the allusions made me think and smile and the addition of the acoustic guitar on the final figures of that were a very nice touch. I have had the pleasure of listening to a lot of your work at this point and I am becoming a big fan. I really enjoy your choices of textures in your music and I do think it is approaching genius. I do hope you get to step out of the living room.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Fool (that's me) - by Mixinthecloud - 25-01-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Fool (that's me) - by ptalbot - 31-01-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: Fool (that's me) - by Mixinthecloud - 31-01-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: Fool (that's me) - by ptalbot - 31-01-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Fool (that's me) - by Dangerous - 16-03-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Fool (that's me) - by Mixinthecloud - 16-03-2016, 04:30 PM