Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left Behind (Anonymous Audio mix)
(16-01-2016, 11:46 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Classic hardcore combined with plastic synths and a plastic piano is the new shit? Sorry mate, I´m probably too old for this, hahaha Smile

My problem is: The raw energy and power of the original song is gone. Sick of it all or Hatebreed don't need synths, glitches, subdrops or a piano to kick ass. And from a pure mixing standpoint the synths and the piano don't sound great. They are too clean, almost artificial. Try to add a good amount of saturation and turn them down. The Vocals and guitars really shine on this song and they deserve more time in the spotlight imho.

I didn't really think half of those things suited the song either but I felt like it was worth having fun with lol.

And I agree that most of the raw energy is sucked out of song with this type of production style, but with the particular "area" of hard rock and metal that I play in/work with, it's certainly becoming the norm. And most of the time clients request me to do those sort of things from the jump, so it's habitual at this point.

I can enjoy and appreciate a good raw, no BS metal tune any day of the week, no doubt. Though unfortunately I am definitely a bigger fan of the more heavily produced/tuned/quantized material. And thats probably just because of where in the genre timeline I began acquiring a taste for heavier music.

One thing I definitely think is ruining things is industry-wide pissing contest of who can squash a mix the hardest. Tongue I think a little bit of DR sounds better than a pumping bricked-out mess. But that's just me Big Grin

I do appreciate the opinions and feedback though! Every engineer and musician have different tastes. And music as a whole would become inherently bland if it was all seasoned the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Left Behind (Anonymous Audio mix) - by jonxthexarchitect - 28-01-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Left Behind (Anonymous Audio mix) - by Shul - 28-01-2016, 10:18 PM