Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
THANK YOU! - Official Release Mix: Opinions, Q&A, critics, additional information!
(11-01-2016, 03:57 AM)azwayne Wrote: Only critiques I would have of the mix in your initial post is that the picked guitar up front sounds a little tinny and when the guitars come in hard, you can hear the compressor hitting pretty hard so different attack timer is called for. Otherwise, it's a metal mix, alright.

Thanks azwayne! Compressors are my weak point, got me on that one. I try working with presets and adjusting them to match the needs of the track but it's hard for me to set up a compressor from scratch. I'm working on that Smile
And yeah, it's a metal mix. I've been into metal when I started mixing back in 200X. I like dense mixes and the defined style of metal productions so I try to stick with that.
I've seen some punky/grungy mixes in here and they're awesome! That's how a mixer's creativity influences the outcome and it's important to have the character of the mixing guy in the mix.

Messages In This Thread
RE: THANK YOU! - Official Release Mix: Opinions, Q&A, critics, additional information! - by wurstdrummer - 14-01-2016, 04:14 PM