Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
THANK YOU! - Official Release Mix: Opinions, Q&A, critics, additional information!
This is an interesting track, given that it's rather different from the other offering we had. That makes it a challenge to get it to sound like they fit together. Good practice, that and I'll take a moment to say, as well, that this is actually sounding like a pretty good band. There's clearly talent there and, more importantly, a certain instinct on how to build a good rock song. I think there could be a little more variation, verse to verse, to help move it along but they did not forget that aspect, I just think it needs a little more help, orchestration wise. You can also hear that the band has improved between this ep and the previous one. They're worth investing time in.

As to "promote the band" on the forum, if they're willing to offer us freely a portion of their wares, I don't see that a certain amount of promotion isn't in order as long as it is confined to the appropriate threads. Besides, I like discovering new music and there's been more than one group around here that I've wanted to find more stuff from only to find that they've gone the way of most young bands... Disappointing, that.

Only critiques I would have of the mix in your initial post is that the picked guitar up front sounds a little tinny and when the guitars come in hard, you can hear the compressor hitting pretty hard so different attack timer is called for. Otherwise, it's a metal mix, alright.
Old West Audio

Messages In This Thread
RE: THANK YOU! - Official Release Mix: Opinions, Q&A, critics, additional information! - by azwayne - 11-01-2016, 03:57 AM