Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Was My Fault For Waiting - SV7107 Mix
Hey everyone,

I have only just started getting into mixing... for a few years have made electronic stuff and now have realised how much fun (and soul destroyingly hard lol) it is to mix some songs with actual music Smile This is the 4th song I have mixed.

I really like this song, the vocal performance is great. I found this quite difficult to mix though. I wasn't really confident with the guitars. 2 mics and a DI, twice for each guitar part I found that a bit overwhelming lol. Not sure if all the parts should be used or not, in the end I did use them all. I'm still not totally sure about panning and stuff. I know to try to make room for the vocal, but in some tunes I listen and while the guitar is wide, its still powerfull when summed to mono. This is hard to achieve for me at the moment.

Once thing that has irked me slightly, in 2 other mxies I did lately which are mixed / 'mastered' to similar levels they sound louder. In this one I wasn't able to increase the percieved loudness so much. Thats my fault not the multitracks! Just thought I would mention it.

Any feedback welcome. Thanks for listening Smile

.mp3    Atlantis Bound - SV7107 mix02.mp3 --  (Download: 9.6 MB)

Messages In This Thread
It Was My Fault For Waiting - SV7107 Mix - by SV7107 - 31-07-2015, 11:46 AM