Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Wait - Drag
Hi Chokotoff!

As far as I know, there is no official spot to introduce yourself, so this thread is as good as any! I like your vocal tone, and and your acoustic tone. To me, your electric, is a little too in your face. My biggest criticism is your center channel sounding empty and thin. Your soundscape feels odd to me, and I don't know why. It almost feels like a 2d wall style of a mix, rather than a 3d space. Maybe someone can really suss out what I am talking about. I hear your panning. . . but your depth feels really odd.

Oh, and you left the Galoof of an engineer barging in right at the end of the vocal track (apologies to the Galoof of which I speak, if you're part of this forum. I have held that role many a time) Maybe edit that out?

Nice job on your tones, though. Try mixing in mono for the most part, and see if you can achieve depth in a mono mix. It will make a HUGE difference in your stereo track if you can achieve something really good on your mono mix!

Happy Mixing!

Draper!

(btw, just as a PSA, the way to get comments on your threads is to comment of other people's mixes. I'm just a rogue that likes commenting on tracks)

Messages In This Thread
The Long Wait - Drag - by Chokotoff - 14-07-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: The Long Wait - Drag - by loweche6 - 14-07-2015, 10:17 PM