Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ Cinnerman: Never Say Goodbye_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Loved doing this. I did take some liberties in arranging and mixing this one, however. You will notice that I replaced the bass (brought the acoustic bass part into Melodyne editor and then saved as a midi file, then imported back, and used Scarbee electric bass. I really felt that the bass needed to be electric here because the drums have such a "rock" sound. I know it's drastic to do that but I feel it really works. To the artist JJ Cinnerman: It is still YOUR bass part (with a few notes changed) only it's now electric. I also added some cymbal rolls and sound-replaced the kick. Everything else is derived from the tracks. Also, I changed the intro a bit...borrowed the guitar from another section of the song. I felt the intro needed a bit more excitement since the rest of the song builds up so nicely. I pretended I was the producer here. Sorry to JJ if I went a bit too far. Overall, though, I am very happy with the end result. What say you'all?

Tom

.mp3    Never Say Goodbye_14_Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 12.6 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
JJ Cinnerman: Never Say Goodbye_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 12-07-2015, 01:29 AM