Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Through my Eyes" through my ears
(09-07-2015, 10:41 AM)Gexx Wrote: I think this one is better... , but it would be perfect if the vocal can use some more of the space.... , because I think the main point of interest of this song is the vocal and the second is the piano... , but you did well on the piano I like it.... , The melodic guitars sounds good too... but I think it's taking up too much space...

well that's only my opinion... overall it's a good mix , you just need to enhance some more of the elements like EQ and compressor settings Smile

Yes, You are right the vocals are the main thing here. It's funny when I started learning about mixing, I just thought it was all about using as much tools as possible (almost), but the more I practice the less tools I use or at least I don't pull them to the maximum :-). I still have a little hard to understand how much of compressor to use, but Iguess my ears getting more and more trained. One thing I noticed here is sometimes that some people are more focused on the technique and totally forget about the song. What instruments are important to hear and so. Anyway I am happy for you taken the time to write. Do YOu have some mix yourself you are extra proud of ?

Best
/Peter

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by Gexx - 08-07-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by Gexx - 09-07-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by PeterEkberg - 09-07-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by Gexx - 09-07-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by Gexx - 09-07-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by thedon - 10-07-2015, 09:41 AM