Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Haunted Age with completely new recorded guitars, lots of samples, FX & synths.
yo! Big Grin

nice ideas and contributions.

my consumer is also struggling - bookself, 3 inch woofer, no tweeter.....sweet as a nut. it's the low mids and especially the bass end that are majorly problematic. the kick and bass guitar are murdering each other and need some spectral separation. the problem is that a resonant port will make life difficult to achieve this....i don't know if Adams take kindly to having a sock shoved in them?

there's a 10 second run-in which feels like half an hour to a man on a busy schedule Wink

if you fixed the clarity issue with some enforced judicious EQ'ing in mono first (not stereo mono!), the mix would have more spectral space so you could employ some power. but there's serious congestion going on here which my speakers are expressing/exposing. and so it's forcing you to seek some clarity up in the mids.....and this is what you've done. unfortunately, my speakers can't deliver it because you've nailed them - lol. it's very fatiguing too in the cans...how can you mix this, especially with the Adam ribbons beaming trebles as they do? are your ears ok (not being sarcastic...just concerned)? there's a cymbal on the RHS which is particularly troublesome. i won't go on about another drum kit in the forum that's left handed...or perhaps i might, haha. at this rate, people will mix drums from the audience's perspective one day.....and call it "creativity", hey Pauli Big Grin

nice clear vocal, especially for this genre.

sounds like you had some fun with the additional elements! cool; i like your guitar work. are you in the gig scene?

regards..
CU on the circuit.
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Haunted Age with completely new recorded guitars, lots of samples, FX & synths. - by The_Metallurgist - 09-06-2015, 11:23 AM