Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metallurgist goes Homebound
Hi Dave, can't quite believe the amount of work that has gone into this on your part! I like the approach of making the vox/ac track a definite "lead" with the banjo man (who is, of course, the same man) providing BVs. Listening back to mine leaves me wanting something sitting right in the middle - you're right in guessing that I was going for a "two guys playing two instruments both slightly either side of a stereo mic" approach, but I can definitely see the value of having a single main vocal in the middle. Also like the approach of muting the banjo track to vary the arrangement - I haven't got into muting/rearranging things yet in mixes I've put on here due to limited time but I'm aware I should keep that in mind.
Overall I appreciate the width you've managed to create whilst keeping it really organic (like you, I eschewed any form of compression, apart in my case from the mildest touch of stereo buss) - I'm not too sure about the top end though, the voice sounds just a little muffled to my ears, but then again listening back to mine I reckon it sounds over-bright. So hey ho.

Anyway, great stuff, glad you had fun with it despite (or because?!) of the idiosyncrasies of the source material.

Messages In This Thread
Metallurgist goes Homebound - by The_Metallurgist - 27-05-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Metallurgist goes Homebound - by londonmatt - 01-06-2015, 11:38 PM