Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Haunted Age with completely new recorded guitars, lots of samples, FX & synths.
Wow, dude, this has a lot to recommend it. I had a distinct notion that I was misunderstanding the purpose of the double tracked vocal as a matter of genre convention, but wasn't quite sure how else to approach it... you obviously knew exactly what they were trying to do, and the way you've presented them makes me wonder why I didn't try it? because it seems to obvious now that I'm hearing it this way.

Your additional production, well, hell man. It's great. Really helps the song out... it's subtle, but huge.

Obviously this needs a lot of automation on your second pass... note how the mix shrinks inward suddenly while transitioning after "Eternity." I find myself wanting a little more power and drama in those sections. The overheads are very wide throughout the song... I'm not really a fan of wide overheads personally, but I'm aware it fits the genre. Part of me thinks that narrowing the overheads 10 or 15% in the verses would give the entire mix more room to expand outward and move the song forward.

Does anyone else hear crackly distortion... I think it's on the overheads? I can't put my finger on it and I can barely hear it... but something's amiss there.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Haunted Age - what would Joey Sturgis do? Probably re-record the whole thing =) - by pauli - 23-05-2015, 09:52 PM