Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Let Go_mix by Tommy Marcinek
(29-04-2015, 03:14 PM)thedon Wrote:
(29-04-2015, 01:15 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: To TheDon and ThirdParty.....

I used the technique recommend by thedon, which is a Tony Maserati technique using a multiband on the vox. I hope you guys like this better. Added a little symbal at the end as it fades. Also slightly boosted (1.4db) in the upper range on the vox as Tony recommended as well....this is "after" the de-essing which makes the vox really crisp yet no real affect on siblance. Let me know what ya think.

Tommy
Sounds lovely,
I love to learn from you guys and share different techniques and ideas on this great Site Big Grin !

Absolutely agree.....have learned so much because of this site. Mike Senior is a genius and very generous....his book is awesome too!! Thanks again for the multiband tip, thedon, and I'll tel you what....there is no reason on earth not to use it for any instrument that's giving problems too. I might go in there with this song and try it on the bass (some notes jump out, although upright basses are like that in real life), and I also might try a side-chain compression ducking on the bass triggered by the vocal to see if that does anything cool like making sure the bass doesn't ever clash with the vocal, etc. So many things to try. :-)

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
Don't Let Go_mix by Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 29-04-2015, 03:33 AM
RE: Don't Let Go_mix by Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 29-04-2015, 11:43 PM