Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Me Free_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek
Hey Pat...you have a great ear, man! Your "guesses" as to how and what I used to effect the keys solo and guitar solo were just about right on target. For the keys solo I did mult the track and left in more of its low end for warmth and did use a stereo enhancer on it. For the guitar solo, I used a nice ping-pong delay (mixed in very low) and used a transient plug...reducing the transients (gave it a silky smooth sound)...also left in some low end too. So, you were right on target.

It I were to go back in and work on it some more, I would add some crashes as the "one's" come up when the drums kick in, etc. I appreciate your other observations and suggestions as well. Glad you liked the vocal too....worked pretty hard on that. I did use some tube enhancement and a harmonics plugin on the bass to add crunch, but maybe it wasn't enough, or maybe I should have taken a different approach. The bass track you provided was nice and clean and done really well, though.

Can't wait to hear your new song.....see ya in these here cyber communications soon.

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Set Me Free_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 13-02-2015, 05:11 PM