Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix)
Pauli,
As I said in another post about this track. I think people were over complicating the verse chorus mechanic. Just let the darn chorus breathe.

I agree the vocal is brittle. But really short of getting heavy handed with a lot of processing it won't get much better sounding. So, yeah.

The first verse. Think about it for a second. You've got what going on in that first verse? A rhodes, a simple bass, overheads, snare, kick, and a guitar. Then in the chorus, you've got a synth bass, a heavily effected rhodes, a polysynth, kick, snare, hat, and crashes. The thing anyone mixing this has to figure out is how to make them different. Some people decide to get into editing, some people decided to straight up drive it nice and hard. I went with the latter option. The other major problem with doing either is how do you get into the chorus. So, really it just comes down to how you want to achieve it.

The masking of the guitar is intentional as to stop it from being too brittle all the time. Think contrast. Perfect solution? Nope and honestly it is a bit of a lazy one, but it works all right. Now, the real drums. Honestly I could make them sound so much better then they are. But I really didn't see the point making the flawless and all perfect sounding. I want them dirty and non polished to mostly match everything else. It is just kind of the way I approached the mix in general.

Thank you for the nice comments though and good to see that the chorus is doing exactly what I want.

Messages In This Thread
μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 05-02-2015, 03:49 AM
RE: μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by laurieharrison - 06-02-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 06-02-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by pauli - 07-02-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 07-02-2015, 02:38 PM